Cockroach Control Service
Cockroaches are very primitive insects. Their ancestors lived 200-350 million years ago in the Carboniferous Period, even before the dinosaurs. This geological period is sometimes called the “Age of Cockroaches” because they were so abundant. At this time, the climate on the earth was warm and moist, ideal conditions for them to thrive. Although climatic conditions are cooler and less humid now, present-day cockroach species are surprisingly similar to those preserved in fossils from the distant past.
The cockroach can survive long periods of time without food or water. Cockroaches often live in cracks and crevices. Because they are such good survivors, it is essential to have a basic understanding of the cockroach life cycle, behavior and habitat before attempting any control tactic. Information about how long cockroaches live, and the number of eggs they produce is called their life cycle. All their habits or things they do during their entire life cycle can be thought of as behavior. The place where cockroaches live and eat is called their habitat. The life cycle, behavior and habitat of each cockroach species will be described in detail.
Type of cockroaches in Thailand: Most common cockroaches which are found inside our premises
- German Cockroach, Blattella germanica
- American Cockroach, Periplaneta americana
- Brownbanded Cockroach, Supella longipalpa
Where to Look for Cockroaches
Cockroaches hide in dark, sheltered places during the day and come out to feed at night. They may be found around the kitchen sink or drain board, in cracks around or underneath cupboards and cabinets or inside them (especially in the upper corners), behind drawers, around pipes or conduits (where they pass along the wall or go through it), behind windows or door frames, behind loose baseboards or molding strips, on the underside of tables and chairs, in the bathroom, and in radio and TV cabinets.
Problems associated with Cockroaches
Cockroaches are responsible for transmission of several diseases like cholera, dysentery, leprosy, giardia, salmonella, typhoid, and a list of other offensive illnesses. Certain health issues are triggered by the allergens that cockroaches produce.
Innovative pest management way to control cockroaches: Innovative pest management use Integrated Pest Management methods to provide long term and cost-effective solution to customer to get rid off cockroaches. Our pest control professionals use combination of highly effective non-chemical and chemical tools to keep your premises free from cockroach. While doing service at your premises our staff also educate you “How can I keep my home or office cockroach free”.
How to Get Rid of a Cockroach Infestation
Prevention is better than cure. The most common steps to take to prevent cockroaches is always to keep your home clean and to ensure your environment is clutter-free. Keep all surfaces where food is prepared pristinely clean and store all food in airtight containers to prevent attracting cockroaches. Ensure that cracks in walls and any gaps on the sides of doors and windows are sealed.
An Integrated Pest Management Approach for Cockroaches
- Our experts conduct through inspection of the area before service to work-out proper treatment procedure.
- Thoroughly vacuum and wipe the premises with hot soapy water.
- Place gel baits are applied in spots near and around areas of cockroach activities.
- To avoid any possibilities of gel bait resistance change gel baits on regular interval.
- If populations are very high, a “clean-out” using a liquid insecticide in cracks and crevices may be needed to knock down the initial population.
- Place baits in areas not treated with liquid insecticide or place baits 4 to 6 weeks after spraying.
- .To check the service effectiveness and monitoring of pest infestation we also use attractant based monitoring traps which provide clear pest indication as well as work at control agent.